Lovely Internet 1.31.14
1. The Gentrification of Collards. I’ll admit I had a chuckle when I saw that poster, but this article makes an interesting point of why collards being the next “it” green may not be such a great thing for the people who traditionally eat them.
3. As someone with loads of irrational fears, I know what it feels like to think these sorts of things.
4. A thoughtful piece from Grace of Design Sponge on the State of the Blog Union.
6. Hunting with Southern Chefs
7. I might need this shirt. I really, really might.
8. “Schools in the South close at the mere hint of snow not because the people who live there are wimps, but because snow is such a rare event—and most cities there don’t have a fleet of snow plows the way Northern ones do.”
10. My Aunt Diane (who is completely convinced Dan & I are hipsters) sent me this, which is hilarious. Will you be heading to McDonalds for your morning jolt?
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.
Chicken and Dumplings with Collard Green Confetti | Dessert for Two07.03.2014 at 03:00
[…] and Such. Elena does a great job wrangling the internet and posting the best of it in her Lovely Internets column. (Side note: I’m still reeling over the Toast article she linked to the week prior. […]