1. The Gentrification of Collards. I’ll admit I had a chuckle when I saw that poster, but this article makes an interesting point of why collards being the next “it” green may not be such a great thing for the people who traditionally eat them.
3. As someone with loads of irrational fears, I know what it feels like to think these sorts of things.
4. A thoughtful piece from Grace of Design Sponge on the State of the Blog Union.
7. I might need this shirt. I really, really might.
8. “Schools in the South close at the mere hint of snow not because the people who live there are wimps, but because snow is such a rare event—and most cities there don’t have a fleet of snow plows the way Northern ones do.”
10. My Aunt Diane (who is completely convinced Dan & I are hipsters) sent me this, which is hilarious. Will you be heading to McDonalds for your morning jolt?
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.