Lovely Internet 10.10.14
2. This makes me incredibly, overwhelmingly, completely happy. Congratulations, North Carolina. It’s about damn time.
3. Nothing makes me quite so proud to be a Southerner than reading essays like this.
5. Columbus Day. (This book blew my mind when I read it in high school and has heavily informed the way I teach my students the history of our state, country, and world.)
6. I’ll be adding this podcast into my rotation.
7. Two ridiculously big book deals, compared.
8. Good for her.
9. A chance to win a multisport watch that I completely love by a blogger who is awesome.
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.