1. I am so very guilty of answering “busy” when someone asks how I am. The Disease of Being Busy.
4. This is how Net Neutrality works (a comic).
5. My dad always says that early is on time, on time is late, and late means you’re fired. I think he’d agree with the sentiments of this (as do I).
6. Being a feminist does not, unfortunately, excuse you from having body image issues.
7. Our first year out of college Dan bought me the first season of Gilmore girls on DVD. Then, slowly, we acquired the whole show and I have subsequently watched it about once a year all the way through. This play-by-play of the first season was spot on.
8. Speaking of Gilmore girls here’s a drinking game for you. I’ll be finishing my tea to Sylvia Plath references all winter long.
9. I’ve been laughing at this ALL WEEK.
10. “That’s infertility, I think, that feeling of being just a little bit crushed, always.” (I got to meet Natalie last night and she was just as lovely in person as she is online. It was a treat.)
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.