1. #thedress and the problem with attention policing.
2. This article was incredibly interesting. I twang hard when I’m with certain people (my dad and bestie Megan, namely), but most of the time you’ll only hear my accent in a handful of words. Unless I’m giving a talk- I twang real hard when I’m giving speeches.
6. Ah, I do find myself missing Purim parties this time of year.
7. Thanks for the laugh, McSweeney’s, as always.
8. I will never understand what purpose “~” serves in emails/texts. Honestly. I couldn’t even find it on my keyboard just now. That probably says something about me.
9. This was just what I needed to read this week.
10. On Saturday my friend Oren passed away. I wrote some things when I heard the news, and in the days since many of his fellow dad bloggers have written beautiful and moving tributes. Oren was one of the most genuine people I’ve ever met, which explains why he’s made such a deep impact on so many lives. His approach to life, parenting, writing, and living were an inspiration, and we’re all better for having had him as a part of our experience on this Earth.
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.