Lovely Internet 6.12.15
1. This film looks fantastic. (I’m also psyched about this one, but for VERY different reasons).
2. The best article I’ve read on the intersection between the transgender rights movement and the feminist movement. (Read: objects/actions are not gendered and that women, no matter how they are defined, will not succeed in our unified goals until we, well, unify).
3. The president of NARAL is pregnant, and she’s getting weird reactions to that. Pro-choice means choice, guys.
5. My wedding dress was seersucker. Here are some guidelines on wearing that fantastic fabric and other keys to life in the South.
6. Some hard data about the local foods movement.
7. An amazing solution to cleaning plastic trash out of the ocean (guys, there is a lot of shit in the ocean because we are the worst).
10. “About birds. Or whatever.”
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.