1. Over Christmas I did an interview with The Dinner Special that went live this week!
2. The Smithsonian is releasing a compilation of 108 Lead Belly songs.
3. This melted my heart a little bit.
Hey! I’ve stood in line for this beer before. (Just kidding. Dan says it was the other one.)
5. Is grassfed beef really better for you, the cows, and the planet?
6. I think about this every time I drive around Durham County. JUST STOP ALREADY.
8. Made in Durham.
9. What color do you see? (I see white and gold and I’m convinced this is a huge confusing hoax)
10. I promise this is the last time I’ll mention Parks and Rec (until I inevitably rewatch it in a few years) but seriously, that finale. So perfect.
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.