2. My spicy pickled okra on Today.com this week!
5. In the interest of full disclosure, I did sprout chickpeas this week. And cashews.
6. Because “6 weeks of unpaid leave is more than fair” is not actually a valid approach to parental leave if you want to be an inclusive and competitive employer.
7. Libraries are, simply, the best.
8. YES! Also, I miss water ballet.
9. Friends, the fashion.
10. Oh, Commercial Husband.
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.