1. We had the chance to see Rhiannon Giddens last week and she was PHENOMENAL. As is the new music video for her song “Black is the Color.”
2. See also: teaching preschoolers.
3. I’m not a 90s kid, but I definitely danced to the macarena in public school PE classes. Thank the heavens we put our foot down about playing it at our wedding. I mean, the scandal.
4. This is amazing! What a game changer.
6. Dan seems to be living by the same code.
7. I know I’ve put in on this list before, but I thought it was worth mentioning again. I just finished the first 30 days of the Headspace foundation course, and I am loving it. I’ve been waking up at 6am every day to take 20 minutes to meditate, and I am noticing a difference. I’m different with the kids, I’m different with my coworkers, I’m different with Dan, I’m different with the dogs. I’m different with myself. There’s just… more space in my head. I am excited to start exploring some of the other packs available, and I have been recommending it to everyone I know. So, #notsponsored, but I think you should try it.
8. Have you seen this amazing camera?! I want it!
9. What would life after Amazon be like?
10. NASA has released new hi-res images from the Apollo missions. And apparently there are still people who think the moon landings were fake? That’s confusing to me, but whatever. Chemtrails!
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.