1. One of my favorite holiday traditions, along with traditions from a number of Southern food writers, over on The Daily South!
2. Well, bacon is apparently carcinogenic. Bummer.
3. If I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me to work for free I could pay myself a decent salary.
4. Oh man, I am trying to eat SO MANY OYSTERS this winter. If only I had a beautiful handmade wood fired oyster roaster.
5. What you need to know about the federal inmate release.
6. A convincing argument for putting whole grains back on your plate.
7. Why it’s difficult to talk about race to white people, but also why it’s important.
9. Sometimes other people’s embarrassing moments make you feel just a little better about this human community.
10. It’s been interesting following the evolution of the public opinion and story of Hilary Clinton’s personal email use. For instance, what is “Plumpy Nut”?
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.