1. It’s Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is something near and dear to my heart, and my guess is yours too. There is so much value in prevention and early detection.
2. I like Grace’s take on blogger burnout. This past Wednesday marked my 6th year of blogging and if I’m being totally honest, sometimes I feel completely burnt out. But sometimes I love it more than anything, and those moments outweigh the negative ones, which is all I need to keep moving forward.
3. The more successful I have become the more I have felt the impact of imposter syndrome. It’s something I’ve struggled with for as long as I can remember, and I’m very conscious of how it has woven its way into my psyche. These tips on overcoming it seem like a great way to start, I am going to make an effort to focus on giving myself honest credit for my accomplishments.
4. The class issues related to eating healthy.
5. Growing up table manners were paramount. Here’s a refresher.
6. This is for you, Naoise.
7. “You seem to think that right now is the most you will ever love each other, like you only get one tank of gas for the long trip of marriage. You’ve never considered the possibility that love will grow.” I’ve found that my love for Dan has grown and deepened in the most amazing ways the past five years. I can only imagine where it will be in five, ten, fifty years. As a child of a particularly toxic divorce I could absolutely relate to this essay on marriage, the confusion and hesitation and, in our case, the reward.
8. The problems with Thug Kitchen being written by white people.
9. Holy smokes, guys. Emily has outdone herself.
10. What my backyard probably needs is a fire pit.
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.