1. Sometimes all it takes is a small gesture from the right person to breathe new life into a project.
2. HOLY SMOKES! Cape Lookout is one of our family’s favorite places to take the boat and spend a sunny afternoon. This is amazing/horrifying.
4. I spent most of one day last week in the Atlanta airport thanks to a massive layover, which meant that I spent most of the day in One Flew South. Holy shit guys, this place is amazing. I ate SO WELL, and I even got to taste the cocktail that they’ll be serving up at the Southern Foodways Alliance Symposium this weekend.
5. When I worked in Great Falls, VA I drove by the Madeira School all the time. This essay was just spot on. For the record, though, I have never been as put together as the Carolina girls she describes (mumus for life).
6. I would kill to tour Lodge.
7. An essay on gaming (warning: strong language)
9. Seriously though, please don’t leave a message.
10. “Don’t be a douchebag.”
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.