1. A formula for love.
2. A shark giving birth caught for the first time on camera!
4. The new Nordic diet. (this sums up how we eat 100%)
5. YES THIS EXACTLY.
6. When I started this blog six years ago I made a decision to focus on Southern food and to stay strict with myself about what sorts of recipes and methods fit into that niche. I’ve never regretted that decision, but it was validating to read an argument supporting my commitment to staying within my genre.
7. I knew she looked familiar!
8. When I was a kid I sliced my foot on barnacles trying to get onto my Uncle Bill’s jet ski. It was 1) my birthday 2) one of many times I fainted at the sight of my own blood and 3) the only time I’ve ever been stabbed by a delicacy.
10. I’ve never been particularly good at makeup (this is where everyone who knew me in high school and college and most of my 20s snorts in agreement), but every once in a while I make a small effort. I was recently sent some em cosmetics and I have to say, they’re pretty awesome. I’ve been using them for the past few months and never had I had such success in looking very put together with very little effort on my part.
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.