This year has been a strange and wonderful one for us.
– gotten jobs in Baltimore
– moved to a precious apartment within blocks of our alma mater
– celebrated our first wedding anniversary
– built our first fire in our apartment
– welcomed our second niece, Amelie, into the world
– learned huevos rancheros is one of our favorite foods, ever
– dramatically increased the number of awesome t-shirts in dan’s closet
– started brewing beer (i use “we” very loosely here)
– learned that i can, in fact, pull of red lipstick
– welcomed my two snaggleteeth, Octavius and Jezebel into our lives. looking forward to braces, again!
– extended Christmas to a whole month, instead of just one day (best idea ever)
– continued to learn and love, together
Biscuits & Such also had an interesting year. We:
– got photographed for Southern Living Magazine (out this may!)
– were judges’ select in the Cville Pie Fest for our caramel green tomato pie
– picked up some new followers
– smoked our first pork shoulder
– added a shop
– started a redesign
– fried our first turkey
– had our first college student write her final paper about us (weirdsies Anna Morris!)
– became the menuism “southern food expert”
– ended our relationship with iVillage
– grew our first real, outdoor garden
– canned and preserved so much that we had a 100% homemade christmas
I’m proud and happy and eagerly looking towards 2011. 2010 was by far one of our best years yet, what with an exciting move, great new jobs, and not planning a wedding. I can only hope that 2011 is even better! As for b&s it wouldn’t be half as fun if not for y’all. Thanks for helping make 2010 a great year!
And finally, a little video look back at 2010, set to music by Fort Christmas.