1. For many years, Baltimore was my home, and a big part of my heart will be there forever. I am devastated by everything that has happened this week (and the weeks and months and years before). We need to honestly talk about the relationship in this country between police and citizens, especially citizens of color. Here are some great articles/videos that show a side to the protests and riots in Baltimore beyond what is being covered by the 24hour news cycle: 1 / 2 / 3 /4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12, proof of hope, my thoughts, and why we still don’t need #AllLivesMatter
2. Honored to be included in Inspired: Top 100 Food Bloggers. I’m in pretty great company there!
3. What Hillary is really saying with her logo.
5. “Natural” is a completely meaningless word.
6. How bacteria in your gut could solve the allergy epidemic.
7. What exactly is the food of Appalachia?
9. Why it’s so hard for white people to talk about racism.
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.