1. Dan and I are on the Southern Weddings blog today! I married a pretty cool dude.
2. This, pretty much, exactly.
3. An interesting response to the whole #mimigate situation. I agree, the sameness in food media is boring. How do we change that? I loved this point- “We need to remember that when everyone is telling us we’re doing great, we’re probably doing something wrong. Challenging ourselves, and others, doesn’t always feel good. But imagine where it could get us.”
4. People of the Tobacco Road (this was spot on)
5. Salt comes second only to butter (salted butter) on my list of kitchen essentials.
6. Hey there, Wilmington! Bee City!
8. Pi Day is tomorrow! We’ll be at a Pi Day centric wedding, and I’ll be sure to have a moment at 9:26.53 (both times).
9. Thanks for this, internet.
10. To be totally honest, I’ve been pretty overwhelmed and a little bit salty at all the judgement and hysteria rippling through the food blog community lately. It has struck a chord with how I feel generally about the state of food blogging, so last night I posted a bit of a rant about it. I’d love to hear your thoughts, here or over at missELENAeous.
P.S. Did you see the tour of the new B&S design?
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.