Lovely Internet 1.9.15
1. Today is Dan’s 30th birthday! He wants to celebrate it by smoking a brisket and making red wine sausage.
2. Who/Whom, a friendly guide.
3. Whenever I went out in the cold as a kid my grandma would warn me about catching “the peu-monies.”
4. I love this.
5. On tipping.
6. Community gardening in Asheville.
7. How do you like your oysters? I like mine just barely cracked open and warm, but still very wet and juicy (with hot sauce and horseradish, of course).
8. Terrorism works.
9. My sister gave me some BB cream for Christmas, and since I’d never heard of it (I live under a rock, apparently) I’m fascinated. Do you use it? What’s your favorite brand?
10. As a life-long fan of Carteret County and a lover of David Sedaris, I hope he continues to chronicle his Emerald Isle adventures.
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter (@elenabrent or @biscuitsandsuch), instagram, pinterest or facebook. Subscribe to my bloglovin’ feed to make sure you never miss a post. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.