Lovely Internet 10.18.13
1. I don’t usually dress up for Halloween, but I think Jenny’s costume is perfect.
2. I’m more of a pie person, but cinnamon roll cupcakes have peaked my interest!
3. This family Halloween costume idea is just the sweetest.
4. I’m excited to dig my teeth into the new Kinfolk cookbook.
5. With the last of the summer’s figs, I may try this.
6. I had my worst day at sea ever this week, but probably nothing compared to what these folks experienced.
7. Let’s all agree the cutest result of the shutdown ending is that the Pandacam is back on, right?
8. One of these is on its way from Portland for River. We love Greypaw- Kaylee’s leash, training tab, and collar all came from Erin. Her work is amazing!
9. How the South Made Me a Queer Feminist
10. I am still giggling uncontrollably about the fact that this popped up this week. That whole story coming soon.
In the Works: For those local readers, I’ll be doing a cast iron workshop on November 7 at GRUB! I’m psyched- we’re going to talk about the hows and whys of cast iron, demo a few recipes, and eat some good food!
For more tidbits from Elena the person, follow me on twitter, instagram, pinterest or facebook. Follow along with MissElenaeous for thoughts on everything other than Southern food.